I’ve been seeing the happiness and gratitude posted all over the blog world today and thought, what the hell, I have a few things to be grateful for and things that have made me happy this year.
- My kid. She’s the very best of me. I am more proud of her than anything else I’ve ever done.
- My bonus kid. She’s 20, lost her mom last year. She’s going to school full time and working part time.
- My family. I love them all (most of the time)
- The fact that I haven’t told my job to go to hell. Yay me!
- Orgasms. Yep they make me happy. Really, this could be every year though.
- My new friends. M and K. Different corners of the US and both wonderful new friends!
- Dr. Pepper
- Starbucks Iced Venti Tuxedo with four pumps of each syrup, extra ice and no whipped cream.
- People that can spell and use correct grammar.
- My new boots.
- E. He makes me grin from ear to ear.
- My friendship with my ex-husband. Unnatural maybe, but it works for us.
- The Sacramento Kings, when they win.
- The Oakland Raiders, when they win.
- Chipper Jones. He tweeted me on my 40th Birthday. I will NEVER forget this moment.
- Luke Bryan pit passes. Luke Bryan all the time, but pit passes this year.
- The fact that my daughter gets a discount on clothes at her job.
- My hair.
- The strangers that smile or say hello on a daily basis.
- Facebook. Most days.
- My dog. He’s a pain in the ass, but so very loyal.
- My cell phone.
- The fact that I have smallish feet.
- Christmas lights. Because why wouldn’t these make anyone happy?
- Orgasms. Oh wait, I already put this on the list. But I’m pretty sure they deserve two spots.
- Memories with my grandparents.
- The TV show Friends.
- Marlboro Lights. Stop judging.
- Oh, I almost forgot tequila. I’m VERY grateful for tequila.
- My new found ability to walk away from those who are hurtful and toxic. This is a new skill for me.
- My direct supervisor. As much as I hate my corporate company, my boss is the best. And easy on the eyes.
- Nail salons and pedicures.
- Tweezers. Because let’s face it, chin hairs suck as a woman.
- Bubble baths.
- Bubble baths with a partner.
- My ability to make people smile.
- People who hold the door open for others.
- On the flip side, those who say “thank you” when you hold the door for them.
- Candy Crush Soda Saga. Again, stop judging.
- Colorful post it notes.
- My cowboy boots. All of them.
- I love the fact that I am learning to love myself again.
- This blog. Not because it matters to anyone but me, but I’ve met some great people on this blog.
- Hot showers on a cold morning. Except getting out. That’s not so fun.
- My trip to Disneyland with my kid in the fall. Best adventure we’ve had, just the two of us.
- Candy Cane Hershey’s Kisses.
- Did I mention orgasms?
Now you go!
If you’d like to join in, here’s how it works: set a timer for 10 minutes; timing this is critical. Once you start the timer, start your list (the timer doesn’t matter for filling in the instructions, intro, etc). The goal is to write 50 things that made you happy in 2015, or 50 thing that you feel grateful for. The idea is to not think too hard; write what comes to mind in the time allotted. When the timer’s done, stop writing. If you haven’t written 50 things, that’s ok. If you have more than 50 things and still have time, keep writing; you can’t feel too happy or too grateful!
When I finished my list, I took a few extra minutes to add links and photos.
To join us for this project: 1) Write your post and publish it (please copy and paste the instructions from this post, into yours). Click on the link below to join the party.
Share your happy thoughts, your gratitude; help us flood the blogosphere with both!
Linkey thing here: http://www.inlinkz.com/new/view.php?id=592585